It’s that time of year again when all you want to do is get excited about Christmas (No November is not too early for all your scrooges out there!) but, you’re being forced to look past the shiny decorations and delicious food and think about 2017! Yes, it’s budget time. Grab that cup of cinnamon tea and take a second to think about how video can really impact your marketing success for the year to come, and then, I promise, we can get all excited about Christmas!
Here are some pretty solid statistics to let you know why video is an essential ingredient to your marketing plan for 2017, reported by Insivia:
- One-third of all online activity is spent watching video
- The average user is exposed to 32.3 videos in a month
- 75% of online video viewers have interacted with an online video ad this month
- 75% of executives watch work related videos on business websites at least once a week
- 36% of online consumers trust video ads
So what’s happening in 2017 that makes it even more imperative that you use video as part of your marketing strategy? Here are a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing….
- Pre-roll YouTube ads – these snippy little numbers are the most tolerated form of video advertising. Short sharp 30 second clips to get your brand out there and ticking through people’s minds.
- Product videos – It’s not just men that refuse to read instructions, its everyone. If you have a product that needs assembling or directions on how to use is best, create a short “how-to” video.
- About Us – the best way for someone to learn about your company is to see if coming directly from YOU. Hop in front of the camera and talk about what you know best – your business.
- Live video – your event takes months and months to organise so don’t let it come to a climax in just one day. Record it, create a video where it can have a longer impact on your customers and clients.
- Email video marketing – a picture speaks a thousand words. A video speaks millions…keep those emails short and let us watch a video instead.
Be ahead of your competitors and know what trends are being set for 2017. Read any articles from great sources such as FORBES, THEDMA, SKYWORD and TRACKMAVEN and they all tell you that video is a huge part of next years marketing for your brand.
Here are some of our favourite video marketing wins from 2016! These ideas are just beyond brilliant!
If you know you want a video but don’t have a clue how to get started, want a quote for your video plans or even just chat a few ideas through then get in touch with us today, we promise to make it feel less daunting for you.
And I did promise we could get excited about Christmas so whilst you finish those last dregs of tea, indulge in the marketing brilliance of Christmas promotional videos (and get all panicky that we haven’t started our Christmas shopping yet!)…my choice this year is John Lewis…
Video marketing is a fast industry so don’t get left behind…because we all live in a visual culture