Client: Max Event 2015
Project: MAX 2015 conference- Australia/New Zealand
Style: Event highlights video
is a US-based full-service video production company primarily serving clients in the Northern Virginia and the metro Washington DC area. Picture This Video also is the US production company sub-contracted for Scotland-based LogicNow for all of their non-UK video production needs.
We partnered with Picture This Video to shoot footage, conduct interviews, take stills, and edit a highlight video overnight at an event for a global IT software company – LogicNow. LogicNow runs an international series of their annual customer conference. This year, the conference is being held in Melbourne, Australia; Washington DC, USA; and Manchester, UK.
The brief was to create an exciting highlights video to be shown at the MAX 2015 conference in Melbourne. Using footage filmed on day one, our task was to create the video overnight, ready to be show at the conference the very next day. The purpose of the video was to recap information and activities from the previous day as well as excite and hype guests for the day ahead.
• Keynote speakers and presentation content
• Break-out sessions
• Networking and guests mingling
• Sponsor booths
• Food and venue
• Vox pop interviews with guests
• After party at Eureka 89
• With any overnight video project, it was important to gather as much content before the event as possible. We worked with the client to confirm the key shot list and music track before the event.
• A detailed call sheet was also developed to ensure nothing was missed on the day and that every filming opportunity was identified.
• We used a four man crew for this project; Director of Photography, Field Producer, Photographer and Overnight Editor.
• The Field Producer was the key client contact on the day and ensured all crew knew where to be and what to film at all times. The Field Producer also conducted vox pop interviews and kept detailed production notes.
• Our Director of Photography used a standard set-up filming the main presentations and then moved to a Glide Camera to capture more creative and stylized footage for the highlights video.
Being well prepared and organized on the day ensured we were able to provide our overnight editor with all the information they needed to deliver an exceptional video. We coordinated our crews efficiently to ensure footage was delivered in an organised and timely way, and we ensured a thorough handover with our overnight editor took place.
The video was shown to hundreds of delegates on the day and will be used as a marketing tool for future MAX events. Feedback from Picture This Video and the client was extremely positive. The Melbourne video set the bar high for the other highlights videos being produced in the US and UK!
“The highlight video was very well received! I got nothing but compliments about the crew, so I appreciate all of your hard work in making me, my client and Visual Culture look great!” – Sharon Sobel, Digital Media Producer and business owner, Picture This Video.