Client: GM Holden
Project: myHolden Connect Video Tutorial Series
Style: Instructional video
Originally commencing life as a saddlery in South Australia, Holden has grown to become Australia’s favourite car accompany. With headquarters in Port Melbourne, Victoria, an engine manufacturing plant on-site and vehicle manufacturing operations in Adelaide, South Australia, and being represented by more than 230 dealerships nationally, over15,000 people are currently employed across Holden and it’s dealer network.
MyHolden Connect is an online resource designed to educate customers with the features, benefits and functionality of vehicle operation. The resource is becoming increasingly important as model range, levels of innovation and features increase.
Holden’s Customer Lifecycle sought a video production partner to create a series of new video tutorials as well as update existing content for myHolden Connect. Our brief was to film and produce instructional, user-friendly videos that were consistent with the look and feel of myHolden Connect.
- myHolden Connect is simple and easy
- Taking content from instructional manuals, we developed robust scripts featuring user-friendly dialogue and easy to follow steps.
- Filming took place over two days in a white cyclorama studio in Port Melbourne.
- In this time, we filmed 8 scenes and also on-road footage with the Holden Cascada and Insignia cars.
- We filmed with a three-man crew plus presenter, allowing us to be agile and move through scenes efficiently.
- To add variety to the look and tempo of shots, as used a GoPro connected to the steering column for the on-road filming elements.
- Our priority with editing was to deliver a polished, consistent suite of videos with the end-user in mind. Each video featured new Holden branding, clear text on screen and simple music.
We delivered 23 x 2-3 minute instructional videos for myHolden connect. Here is the link to the Cascada myHolden connect webpage, featuring the videos: http://www.holden.com.au/ownership-and-servicing/myholden-connect/cascada_convertible_my_15#!Audio
Feedback has been extremely positive from both customers and Holden staff on the professionalism and clarity of the videos produced. Our partnership with Holden continues to grown with more instructional videos being commissioned in 2015.
“Thank you so much for all your hard work. As always your team was very timely in meeting the schedule and were a pleasure to work with.”
Elizabeth Hannon, Customer Lifecycle Co-ordinator.